As a care provider for your family, Thrive wants to make sure we are the best we can possibly be, and we do that by learning from the best. That’s why our organization is a member of CASP, or the Council of Autism Service Providers.
What is CASP?
CASP is made up of around 50 members who are committed to working together and learning from each other to improve their individual organizations. Each year, CASP holds a conference that allows its members to meet to discuss, problem solve, and present their ideas to the group with the mission of implementing the best practices in autism services and advocating for your family.
Our own President and CFO Phillip Abbenhaus serves on the CASP Board of Directors.
Why is CASP different from other autism based associations and advocacy groups?
Like many members of the autism community, CASP recognizes the importance of raising awareness for autism and autism self-advocacy, however the organization’s focus is on using science-backed research to set standards of care and to make sure those standards lead to the desired outcome. CASP wants to develop the individuals that work with your family and turn them into leaders in the autism community.
What would a CASP conference look like? What topics are your providers are learning about?
During the annual conference, CASP members listen to the top professionals in the field speak to them on professional development. Some of the topics covered this past year included…
- Organizational health, or increasing the fluency of organization leaders and helping that fluency flow into the entire staff to produce higher productivity.
- Better meetings, or how an organization's staff can get the most from each other, learn how to effectively manage conflict, and promote positive discussion.
- Secure Organization, or how to ensure an organization has optimal security and safety procedures, making sure all staff understand client confidentiality, and promoting a proper security policy.
- Autism Speaks, or all of the updates from the largest autism advocacy group.
- And many more, including topics on insurance companies and billing, self care for employees, ways to improve scheduling, and performance evaluations.
At Thrive Autism Solutions we are committed to serving your family with the best people in the business. We want to enhance our organization’s knowledge and professional development so that all you have to focus on is your child. CASP allows us to support you when you are unsure about the secondary factors like insurance and coordinating your child’s care. We want you to be comfortable at Thrive and CASP is helping us help you.